Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Want a little privacy?! Just Dance!

Just Dance 4 on XBox Kinect

I don’t know about you but I absolutely LOVE the thought of burning calories while listening to some good music. What’s even better about this is that I also get a chance to do something else that I love which is DANCE! Now don’t get me wrong, I can’t team up with Beyonce or anything but the thought of me learning a dance routine and getting my body right at the same time gives me the best of both worlds.

So, last year during all the madness of Black Friday and after watching numerous Just Dance 4 commercials, I found a great deal on an Xbox 360 console with the Kinect sensor attachment. It was time for me to try out my dance skills in the comfort of my own living room. Perfect!

It took me a while to get the hang of how Just Dance 4 worked but after about four songs I was all in! This game allows you to dance, battle friends and sweat like a pro through various modes like Just Sweat! and Just Dance!. The Kinect attachment monitors every single move your body makes so that the game can monitor your progress and judge your skills.

In the Just Sweat! mode you can actually select a timed workout routine that is tailored to the amount of calories you want to burn. You can pick from Sweat Around the World Latin style, Cheerleader Bootcamp, Aerobics in Space, Swinging 60’s Workout or Electro Body Combat. Each one giving you a fast pace, heavy rhythm and heavy sweat dance routine with a warm up and cool down.

In Just Dance! Mode you can select all types of music ranging from Rhianna, Nicki Minaj, Pink, Carly Rae Jepsen, Maroon 5, Brittany Spears, Pit Bull and many others! Players are judged on their ability to mimic the on-screen dancers performing a routine to a chosen song.

It seems as though these gaming companies are really trying to step their game up to get kids up and moving instead of staring at the TV playing games all day like zombies. I must admit I absolutely love my Xbox and I love Just Dance 4!! Hey, as long as I’m moving and sweating I know I have to be burning calories and something is better than nothing right?!

 

Tell me what you think, are home work-out gaming systems a good idea?

Would you make it a part of your regular workout routine?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment